1. N.Sharma, G. Diaz, and E. Leal-Quiros, "Electrolyte film evaporation under the effect of
externally applied electric field," (Submitted in) International Journal of Heat and
Mass Transfer, March 2011.
2. G. Diaz, E. Leal-Quiros, R.A. Smith, J. Elliott, and D. Unruh, "Syngas generation from organic
waste with plasma steam reforming," (Accepted in) Journal of Physics: Conference Series, 2011.
3. E. Leal-Quiros, and C. Villafane, "An Assessment of Power Generated with Plasma Processing
of Sludge from Wastewater Treatment Plants," (Accepted in) IEEE Transactions on Plasma
Science, Vol 36 No 6, pg 1622-1627, December 2007.
4. E. Leal-Quiros, " Plasma Processing of Municipal Solid Waste,"(Accepted in)
Brazilian Journal of Physics, Vol 34, No.4B, December 2004. http://scielo-log.bireme.br/
1. N. Sharma, G. Diaz, and E. Leal-Quiros, " Effects of externally applied electric field on the
double layer formed in an electrolyte layer and contribution towards Joule heating," Proceedings
of the ASME 2011 International Mechanical Engineering Congress & Exposition,
IMECE2011-63329, Denver, Colorado, USA, Nov 11-17, 2011.
2. G. Diaz, J. Elliott, and C.F.M Coimbra, "Towards zero-net-energy at a community scale level:
Case study at UC Merced," Accepted in ASME ESFuelCell2011, Washington DC, August 2011.
3. G. Diaz, E. Leal-Quiroz, R.A. Smith, J. Elliott, D. Unruh, "Syngas generation from organic
waste with plasma steam reforming, Proceedings of 15th International Congress on
Plasma Physics (ICPP 2010), August 2010, Santiago, Chile, 2010.
4. E. Leal-Quiros and I. Matveed, " Plasma Coal Ignition for Utility Power Plants,"
Proceedings of 29th ICPIG,Cancun, Mexico, July 12-27,2009.
5. E. Leal-Quiros, " Magmavication, Vitrification, Gasification, and Generation of Energy with High
Temperatyre Plasma Processing of Waste," Current Trends in International Fusions Research-
Proceedings of the Fifth Symposium, Edited by Emilio Panarella and Roger Raman, NRC Research
Press, National Research Council of Canada, Ottawa, ON K1A 0R6 Canada, 2008.
1. G. Diaz, E. Leal-Quiros, "Sustainable waste management using plasma gasifcation at the
campus of the University of California - Merced," XXIX International Conference on Phenomena in
Ionized Gases (ICPIG), Cancun, Mexico, July 2009.
i4Energy seminar at UC Berkeley, April 2011